My Work & Travel Summer Progam in USA!


Wassup peeps! Here we go about my little adventure under the program of Work & Travel summer 2019 in USA! I've spent a lot of crazy times and definitely the best summer I ever had with many bucket list ticked off :) 

I'm not gonna explain a lot on the processes before it, this blog is more to my personal feelings and what I do along the way.

So... First of all, let's briefly talk about the registration and the process of joining the program ⏬

Work & Travel USA Program offers foreign students to work and travel in the USA during their breaks or just like me have some free times after my internship and before my convo. I kinda like the idea of US State Department allowing students from all around the world to share and experience culture exchange in probably the most budget way? Because with this program, you will be able to work for around 3 months and another month of grace period to travel around using the hard-earned money!!!

ARE YOU READY to join?
  • You must be a Full Time student (between age of 18 - 26)
  • Choose your season properly! (Winter / Summer)
  • Survey, Understand & Register with an agent (Infinity Abroad, Out of the Box, Speedwing)

Shoutout to Infinity Abroad for always trying their best to help you in any questions!

  • Start to save some $$ and arrange interview with the agent that you chose.
  • Skype Interview w/ employee and sponsor.
  • Visa interview.
  • Look for CHEAP tickets and starts to shop for shampoos, sauces, milo, instant noodles... 
  • VOILA~ FLY & ENJOY 
After days of looking for jobs, my friends and I ended up in a super lovely and warmth country place 
PG, Malaysia > Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

I would be honest that I always have the stereotype of Americans being very rude or rather racist especially to Asian or Chinese... THIS PLACE HAVE PROVEN ME ABSOLUTELY WRONG! From the moment we stepped out of airport to the time we finished our work and heading to our travel plans, this place has never failed to impressed me by their hospitality and the home feeling that you might not even dare to dream of getting it at the place of 34 hours away from home. Not to mentioned that we are lucky to received massive helps from two major associations that always there for us. From free trips, free laundry, free foods, free lessons, free festivals celebrations... just to share the love from God and of course for us to experienced more of USA, they are the main reason why we constantly felt blessed along the way.

The place where I worked for Wonderworks, due to the exterior design of the building people often mistaken it as a museum or the upside down house which actually is an indoor amusement park. I worked in box office and magic host which my main responsibility was to do customer service. They're our family in USA, always there for us, gave us advices, making fun and jokes around. I started to miss them honestly!

We created our very own box office bun. Lol.
The coolest mansion I've ever visited by Terry Evanswood!
Insanely friendly colleagues.
Part 2.
Great Smoky Mountain - Tennessee 
4th of July
I decided to go for hiking during my precious day-off!
Blessed to have the chance celebrating Christmas in July!
Friends from different places!
(Turkey, Dominican Republic & Malaysia)

Coincidently that I've met the other Malaysians working in the same place and our friendship started to clicked so well and we spent a lot of quality times together despite the busy schedule of us. 
#one93 #three96 #two97 #four99
Birthday celebrations~
Hanging out during off~
Road trip to Nashville~

FINALLY! After 3 months of working extremely hard, I'm not even joking I mean real hard of days and nights just to enjoy the plans to the fullest! I mentioned earlier about the 30 days grace period of traveling around USA and we literally spent another 30 days going around places to explore more of The United States.

New York City > Philadelphia > Washington D.C. > Niagara Falls > Boston > Orlando > San Francisco > Las Vegas > Arizona > Los Angeles

Below are SOME of the photos during our fun times~


MY ROUGH EXPENSES
Total of IA fee- RM4225
Return Flight- RM5088
Total Earning- $8116 
Living Expenses- Groceries, Rentals, Blahblahhhh
Travel Expenses- I've lost count...

*I managed to got myself an Iphone 11, went to Disneyworld three parks, Universal Studio park-hopper, Disneyland, had good foods, amazing views, plenty of shoppings... So I basically do not bring much money back but I enjoyed myself to the fullest and super happy with my America Dream!

I guess many people would be curious about being able to earn back the money after the program. But honestly, I think at the end of the day, the only thing that matters the most is the experiences and the people you've met, which is priceless. You can take it as you traded the value of the money to the life experience. Worthy right?

I hope this could help a little to the future adventurers who wish to know more about the experiences or plan to step out of their comfort zone for awhile? 
Dream big and just do it~

Enjoy my videos for both work and travel parts. Cheers!





Thank you and God bless!


Comments